Macrame Heart Pendant / Key Chain
Step-by-step instruction and scheme
This makes a perfect Valentine's Day gift. Give your Heart to your loved one!
The Macrame Heart is about 1 inch long and can be used as a pendant or as a key chain.
You will need 11 threads, each about one yard long. I used thin satin red thread (about 1 mm thick).
1. Put 1 thread across 10 others, leaving around 1/3 of the threads' length at the top. It will be a base thread. Make on it 10 Vertical Hitches with each thread.
3. Then separate the lower part of the threads on two parts (see picture below), criss cross middle (the 5th and 6th) threads and, using them as base threads, make Horizontal Hitches to the left and to the right.
4.Repeat previous steps, making 4 more rows of the Horizontal Hitches, leaving the base threads aside.
5. Now take the ends of the 11th thread (the one that is across 10 others) and using them as a base, make Diagonal Hitches on both sides of the Heart.
6. Take two middle threads from the top and using them as base threads, make Diagonal Hitches all around the Heart. Repeat one more time, creating a 3rd row of Diagonal Hitches.
7. Now make the second half of the Heart - repeat 1-6 steps.
8. Attach both halves, using the Clear Edge method.
Cut off the ends and hide them inside the Heart. Leave the two last threads out and use them as a loop for attaching the Heart to a necklace or a key.
Your Macrame Heart pendant / key chain is ready!
Happy Valentine's Day!
Many thanks to Galinka from Texnomagia.ru Forum for sharing this pattern and images.