Macrame Snowflake Earrnigs
Step by step tutorial with images
The page is under construction!
1. For each of these Macrame Snowflake earrings you will need 12 cords (I used white waxed polyester thread) 1 foot long each. Also you will need 18 x 2 seed beads and 2 metal rings 1/2 - 1/3 inches diameter (split rings), a pair of earrings hooks.
2. Put 6 deads on a ring. Then tie 2 cords in between each 2 beads. Use a Loop knot (left-sided).
Then make another Loop knot (right-sided). Alrenate left- and right- sided Loop knots to make a short Loop knots braid / Chain braid (consisting of 5-6 knots).
3. This is what you will have after you tie all 12 threads:
4. Next we will make a Diamond pattern with a bead in a middle.
Take 2 cords, separated by a bead, and using one as a base cord, make a Double Half hitch knot with another cord.
5. Then tie another Double half hitch with the second cord of the Loop knots braid.
6. Repeat steps 4-5 on another side:
7. Pull a bead through 2 middle cords as pictured:
8. Tie Double Half hitch on the base cords on both sides of the bead (the working cord will be the cord, pulled through the bead).
9. Tie both base knots with a Double half hitch knot underneath the bead.
10. After you repeat the steps 4-9 with each pair of the cords, you will have these design:
11. Make 2 Loop knot braids (5-6 alternating Loop knots) under each bead.
12. We have 6 pairs of the Loop knots braids:
13. Repeat steps 4-9, connecting every opposite Loop knots braid. Now our Snowflake is almost ready!
14. Cut off the ends, burn them off carefully or apply a dot of clear glue on the underside. The Macrame Snowflake earrings are done! (one Snowflake will make a pretty pendant, also!)
The pattern and images are courtesy of Julia Titarenko from Livemaster.ru Big Thank you to the talented master!