Macrame Flower / Starfish
This is an easy Macrame flower tutorial, suitable for a beginner in Macrame. You only will need two threads about 1,5 yards long each (I used Friendship bracelet cord medium thickness).
1. Double the threads and attach them to cushion.
2. Use an edge thread as a base and make on it 3 Double half hitches with the rest of the threads.
3. Then make four more rows of Hitches, every time using the right edge thread as a base and going from right to left.
4. Then switch the direction of your base thread - use the left base as a base and go from left to right. Do 5 more rows of Hitches.
6. Now repeat 2-5 steps to create 5 "flower petals".
7. When you are done, use a Clear edge method to gather all the threads in one bunch.
8. Now you have this zig-zaggy braid. Curl it in circle and, using a needle and thread, sew all the "petals" together. Hide the threads underneath the flower. Cut them off or use them to attach the flower to some surface.
Underneath of the flower.
As a finishing touch, sew a bead to the center of your Macrame flower. Voila - it is done!!