Macrame Plant Hanger with Beads
Step-by-step instruction and scheme
•X - Square Knot
•W - Wind Knot
•R - Double Half Hitch
•S - Spiral Braid
•G - "Gourmand" pattern
•C - Chain Braid
•K - Capuchin Knot
•F - Frivolite
•L - Loop Knot
•H - Chameleon Braid
•B - "Berry" Pattern
•P - The Square Knot with Picot
For this macrame plant hanger you will need 16 cords about 2,5 meters (3 yards) long each and 20 beads. I used this cord - Bonnie Macrame Craft Cord 4mmX50yd, Pearl Beige - and beads - 1/3 inch in diameter .
1.Repeat 2 - 5 steps of Macrame Plant Hanger instruction.
2. Tie 5 - 6 Square Knots, then put through a bead's hole two middle threads and make one more Square Knot.
3. Leave couple inches of thread and make a Square Knot again. One more time run through a bead the middle threads and make a The Square Knot with Picot , and finish with Square Knot.
4. You can repeat the pattern as many times as you want for longer Plant hanger. Then make the Square Knots braid of 5 - 6 knots
5. Separate the 4 cords at the end of your Square Knots braid into two parts. Make 2 Chain braids on those two cords, about 2 inches long.
6. Connect two Chain braids from the different Square Knots Braids with the “Gourmand” pattern in the Chess order, run the middle threads through a bead and make one more "Gourmand" pattern under the bead.
7. Tie two Chain braids and connect them with The Square Knot with Picot. You can repeat this step until your plant pot is braided fully till bottom.
8. Collect the ends of all cords under the bottom of your plant pot and fix them with a Wind Knot.
9. About 5 – 10 inches under the Wind Knot make Capuchin knots on each cord. Cut off the rest of thread.